An unsupported operation was attempted

Support for all customers who have purchased a PrimalSQL product license. This forum does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
User avatar
sreimert
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 am

An unsupported operation was attempted

Post by sreimert » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 am

Hello,I found out what is causing the unsupported operation that was the root cause of the splash screen staying up forever -- it's the Query Document!When I dismiss the error dialog and the program starts, the query document pane is empty. When I close the pane and attempt to get a new one via the icon in the upper-left corner (New->Query Document) I get the "An unsupported operation was attempted" error again.So at this point, the program is unusable again because I cannot use the graphical query capability. Any assistance would be welcome.BTW This issue is new to my installation -- 1.0.6 was my previous version and this wasn't an issue. I can remove/reinstall if that would help troubleshooting.--Scott

User avatar
davidc
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:56 am

An unsupported operation was attempted

Post by davidc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:08 am

Go to Start Menu->Run and paste in the following command and press enter:
regsvr32 "C:Program FilesCommon FilesSAPIEN CommonActiveQueryBuilderXControls.ocx"

You should get a popup with a succeeded message. Then start up PrimalSQL and let me know if the error persists.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

User avatar
sreimert
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:41 am

An unsupported operation was attempted

Post by sreimert » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:22 am

Hello David,When I executed the command you gave, it failed. Further checking showed the file was missing altogether. I removed/reinstalled and it's working again.You're doing an excellent job in supporting these products -- thank you!