Data Sorce for DatagridView

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
tconley@semprautilities.com

Post by tconley@semprautilities.com »

I have been using PrimalForm 2009 for a while now and love it. I just upgrade to 2011 and created the database connections in my database browser. When ever I add a datagridview a dialog popsup saying Datagridview Tasks. The first and main item is a datasource selection drop down. Which is always empty. How do i setup the datasource to populate it?

I also tried draging the table over from the dtabase brower and it created the datagrid view but still no datasource. I tried going to the project to see if there was a right click property for adding a data source to the project but no luck.

What am I missing???? Help..... :)
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If you want to populate a DataGridView using a database table, simply drag the table from the Database browser into the designer. It will automatically generate a load function and insert a grid. Call the load function and the data will populate when you run the script. Note: DataSources in the designer are not supported at this point in time.David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.