Importing modified form ps1 into PrimalForms

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cameronove

Post by cameronove »

There is a similar topic here, but my particular situation is a bit different, and I'm hoping for a different answer.

I've been using PrimalForms 2011 community edition all year and my manager indicated that I should go ahead and upgrade to the paid for edition, so I bought PrimalStudio. My custom for developing forms with the community edition, is to build my form with as many controls as I can think of, export form to a ps1 file and 'wire' up all the controls. If I later need to add a control I add it to the form export to a different file and pull the code out for the control and paste it into my modified form.

So I've got this extensive form that I've modified in PowerShell ISE and I want to import it back into PrimalForms paid edition, but I don't see a way to import it. I can open my latest pff file but that pff didn't contain any script code (no ability to add script code with the community edition).

I would really like to import the .ps1 file into PrimalForms (converting it to pff) and retain all of my event handler code? Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks
Cameron
Last edited by J A Reif on Wed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated url
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Unfortunately there is no ps1 to pff conversion. We don't have any way of converting the information back to a pff file. If you have the original pff file you can still edit the file in PrimalForms 2011. Once you open the file you just have to copy the event code into the script editor. You can also copy the extra script to insert the additional controls but I recommend adding them in the designer. David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.