DataGridView Issues

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
kenhamilton

DataGridView Issues

Post by kenhamilton »

I have noticed the following while trying to construct a DataGridView in the designer:1. If I add a Button Column and specify default text it doesn't display any text on the button.2. If I add an Image Column and specify an icon or *.png it only shows the place holder image (box with red cross).Is there a way to add custom cell templates such as a calendar picker?

kenhamilton2011-04-27 23:48:31
kenhamilton

DataGridView Issues

Post by kenhamilton »

Update on issue 1., The text appears once I enter data into a cell and move the focus away from that cell.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

DataGridView Issues

Post by davidc »

Can you send a sample form illustrating this issue to support@sapien.com?

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
kenhamilton

DataGridView Issues

Post by kenhamilton »

Sample has been emailed.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

DataGridView Issues

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Please note that David is attending TechEd in Atlanta. I am sure he will look at it when he gets back.
Alexander Riedel
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

DataGridView Issues

Post by davidc »

The easiest way to get default text on a Button in a cell is to set the
David
kenhamilton

DataGridView Issues

Post by kenhamilton »

I didn't set that in the example I sent you but when I do the text doesn't show until an edit is commenced somewhere in the row(and subsequently a new row is staged below the active one). I suspect this is the general behavior of the DGV when a row is not yet committed.So text works in fashion I'll need to get my head around but in the case of adding an image it never shows. Obviously I'm new to this and the subtleties of windows forms so forgive me if I'm missing something obvious or not fully understanding the correct way to implement this control.
This topic is 12 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.