Dynamic Help empty, caching takes over 30 mins

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

PrimalForms 2011Windows 7 x64 SP1Every launch PrimalForms goes through it's routine of:>> Building 32 Bit Information...>> Please allow a few minutes for the caching to complete.>> Completed 32 Bit Information>> Building 64 Bit Information...>> Please allow a few minutes for the caching to complete.>> Completed 64 Bit Information>> Building 32 Bit Extension Information...>> Please allow a few minutes for the caching to complete.>> Completed 32 Bit Extension Information>> Building 64 Bit Extension Information...>> Please allow a few minutes for the caching to complete.>> Completed 64 Bit Extension InformationThis takes like 30 minutes or more, and yet the dynamic help window is devoid of everything except the headings:This seems to also have an effect on primalsense cmdlet completion which doesn't function whatsoever. I get function names and variables, but no cmdlets.I've attempted uninstalling 2011 & 2009 then reinstalling just 2011...still no dice.

clintbergman2011-04-20 11:03:15
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Windows 7 x64 SP1PrimalForms 2011 2.0.6Running as AdministratorI've updated to the latest service build now, had it wipe the profile settings, and on my laptop the caching never completes, and the PowerShell help remains empty. All I get is:>> Building 32 Bit Information...>> Please allow a few minutes for the caching to complete.Two Powershell.exe child processes spawn. One runs a processor core pretty hot for 10 minutes or so, then appears to stop. The other doesn't appear to do much processing at all.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

The cache is trying to write to:
C:Users<UserName>AppDataRoamingSAPIENPrimalForms 2011LanguageCacheLocal

Do to see any files or folders in this directory? It could be that the process is denied write access.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I emailed you a script to test on your end.

David
David
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Could I have you e-mail that to clintbergman at gmail dot com? I don't currently have access to my typical address.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I resent the email using the new email address.
David
David
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Got it working. Both the script and PrimalForms were getting hung up on some modules that existed in my user profile. Don't know exactly which ones (I suspect the ISEPack and perhaps WPF) but when I take the time to figure it out I'll post the results.
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Haven't loaded the latest build, but it would be nice to be able to choose which modules get loaded ... or better yet - to set an order for them to be loaded in!
sysadmin267

Post by sysadmin267 »

Hmm. So I seem to have hit a different issue with this feature now. I have updated to the latest 2.0.8 Service Build and am running the process elevated on Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit.The roaming portion of our user appdata folders is redirected to a network location, i.e. domain.comnamespace<user>appdata. While the ...cachelocalhelp directory is populated with the proper *.help files, the ...cachelocal32 bit and ...cachelocal64 bit have the directory structures in place but are left devoid of files.I've temporarily worked around it by copying the 32 bit and 64 bit folder contents created by running PrimalForms as a local user to my roaming user's appdata folder.If I can help further troubleshoot this please let me know.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I sent you an email with a new test script. Thank you, David
David
This topic is 12 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.