Packaging Error

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Good morning Alex. I followed the steps and I saw the message boxes.

username is fine.
Password comes back blank.

I re-entered the information again, password still comes up blank.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Packaging Error

Post by davidc »

We found the issue and this will be resolved in the next service build. Keep an eye on the blog or use the Check For Updates button in the Options->General Tab.

Thank you,

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

I would do that but I don't have an Options or General tab in PrimalForms2009. ;)

Just to verify : this issue will be resolved for PF2009 as well as PF2011 for both 32 & 64bit, correct?

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Packaging Error

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The root cause for this particula issue has no relation to PrimalForms 2009.We will have to do some further investigation as far as PF2009 is concerned.
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Well let me know if/what you want me to attempt as I am anxious to get this working.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

Please download the latest PrimalForms 2009 build, repackage and check if that resolves your issue.
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Okay, I attempted it with the version PF2009 1.1.14.0 (the one available for download in mySapien).

I no longer get the "Logon username/password" message anymore.

Now I get the "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled." message for every attempt.

Usual choices attempted. Attempted with:
domainusername : 32bit, 64bit, STA on, STA off, default manifest, elevation manifest.

username@domain : 32bit, 64bit, STA on, STA off, default manifest, elevation manifest.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

Of course you won't get that dialog anymore. We are not shipping a diagnostic version with the released build. So your script worked when packaged with the 2011 packager but crashes with the 2009 packager? Do I understand that correctly?
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

No.You don't understand.

Of course you won't get that dialog anymore. We are not shipping a diagnostic version with the released build. Nice and rude. Great start. I was NOT talking about the dialog. I was talking about the previous error dialog I was receiving, earlier, when giving you error information. If you read the thread you will see that there was two different error messages depending on how I packaged the application. If I packaged it with a "domainusername" combination I got an invalid login error, possibly because the password is being passed as blank (proven in later testing in 2011). If I packaged it with a "username@domain" combination I got the "application generated an error" message.

I no longer get two different error messages. I get the same "application generated an error" error message regardless of how I package it now.

So your script worked when packaged with the 2011 packager but crashes with the 2009 packager?

The last thing I tried with the 2011 packager (the trial one that is available) showed me that it was returning "blank" for the password, which I reported to you here. Unless you are planning on providing me with 5 free license upgrades to 2011, I am not interested in whether or not it works in 2011. I am interested, solely, in 2009 working as advertised.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

Alright, let me clarify this: At no point was I implying you should purchase the upgrade to make this work. I apologize if anything I wrote here gave you that idea.It's simply that because the packager engines are kept externally in 2011 it makes it far easier to swap out an engine and test. The packager component is different but the result should be the same. The missing password was caused by a problem in the 2011 version that did not affect the 2009 packager. But the 2009 packager was updated to use the latest version of the engines, so I was asking if you see the same problem there. You seemed to expect to see the debug dialog in the new 2009 build, so I was trying to tell you that this is not the case. I apologize if you interpreted my reply as rude. Now, to make this simpler on you, please do the following: Package a script that contains nother but a script saying: Write-Host "Hello World" using the Windows 32 bit packager with the following options: 1. Without any credentials as "NoCreds.exe"2. With the following credentials as "WithCreds.exe" Userid: StarGazer5TestUser Password: password The first one should run on your machine with no problem. If it does not, please let me know.The second one should obviously error out with a failure to log on. Pleae let me also know if this is true.Regardless of this, zip both exe files and email them to support@sapien.comI have to determine if the crash you see stems from using the extra credentials or from any other setting you are specifying. Since I can package here in any case without problem I must see what the result from your machine is.
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.