Packaging Error

Archived support forum for customers who once purchased a PrimalForms product license. This forum is locked.
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Tried again with version 1.1.13.

Created a new blank form and attempted to package it with alternate credentials. Nothing done to the form at all.

Each test below was performed with :
username | password
domainusername | password
username@domain | password

And 2 different username/password combinations.

With Default Manifest
Tested it in 32Bit Windows with STA mode
Tested it in 64Bit Windows with STA mode.
Tested it in 32Bit Windows without STA mode
Tested it in 64Bit Windows without STA mode.

With Default Manifest for elevation
Tested it in 32Bit Windows with STA mode
Tested it in 64Bit Windows with STA mode.
Tested it in 32Bit Windows without STA mode
Tested it in 64Bit Windows without STA mode.

Still getting the same error messages for both tested accounts. I am using a common account with an uncomplicated password and I am using my own account with my usual password.

And no, there is no way to display those details. That would open a security hole.

Not going to argue the semantics of whether or not I should be deciding my own security hole issues, but, it could be a debug option in the packaging that would permit those options to be logged to a debug file somewhere to sort out these sorts of situations. I have lost days of production debugging this problem and we are behind schedule now because we can not provide our gui to our first level support team until this situation is resolved.

Thanks.stcemail2011-05-03 07:23:21
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

In the .pff file, here is the packager information. (Note I have removed my domainusername information) Is there anything that looks amiss?

Code: Select all

<Packager> 
    <General> 
      <PackageName>test.exe</PackageName> 
      <PackageIcon>C:Program Files (x86)SAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalForms 2009ScriptPackage.ico</PackageIcon> 
      <ManifestCreation>2</ManifestCreation> 
      <CustomManifest> 
      </CustomManifest> 
      <DeleteDataFiles>0</DeleteDataFiles> 
      <Platform>1</Platform> 
      <RunSTA>0</RunSTA> 
    </General> 
    <Security> 
      <Username>[DOMAIN>[USERID></Username> 
      <Password>TNf1RXUXCwOESyNk4UK3/g==</Password> 
      <SignPackage>False</SignPackage> 
      <Certificate> 
      </Certificate> 
      <CertificatePassword> 
      </CertificatePassword> 
    </Security> 
    <Version> 
      <FileVersion> 
      </FileVersion> 
      <ProductVersion> 
      </ProductVersion> 
      <ProductName> 
      </ProductName> 
      <Description> 
      </Description> 
      <Company>[REMOVED></Company> 
      <Copyright> 
      </Copyright> 
      <InternalName> 
      </InternalName> 
      <OriginalFileName> 
      </OriginalFileName> 
      <Comment> 
      </Comment> 
    </Version> 
</Packager>
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Packaging Error

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Looks fine. Let me cook something up here to test what is going on there.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

I can create a package engine which displays userid and password.You will need at least a copy of PrimalForms 2011 installed.A trial is fine. For testing this version makes it easier to swap out engine templates. Let me know when you have that in place and I will post the debug engine here.
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

I have installed PrimalForms 2011.

FYI - It launched appropriately but I did get two errors during the installation about the Visual C++ (x86) and (x64) not installing properly but that is likely because I already have them installed. Just letting you know that. Maybe the installer should check if they are installed first....
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Packaging Error

Post by davidc »

The installer does check if they are installed. It could be that you have an different version of the runtime installed. What error message did you receive?

David
David
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

Sorry, I didn't record the message but I recall that is was only generic, no specific version numbers or anything. Something along the lines of "Sorry, the installation of Microsoft Visual Runtime for C++ (x86) did not complete successfully". Or some such version of that generic statement. Same message for both runtimes.

I did see a brief blip of another message "StackTrace" is all I saw before it disappeared on it's own.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

You should download these from Microsoft and make sure they install correctly before proceeding any further: (x86)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en (x64)http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... 7CFDFFEE4E
Alexander Riedel
stcemail

Packaging Error

Post by stcemail »

I already had both of those installed at version 9.0.30729.4148.

I installed your versions (linked above) as well and they are of an earlier release : 9.0.30729.17.

So, either way, I have the ones you require now.
Alexander Riedel

Packaging Error

Find the following folder:C:Program Files (x86)SAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalForms 2011ScriptEngines or C:Program FilesSAPIEN Technologies, IncPrimalForms 2011ScriptEngineson a 32 bit machine Make a backup copy of the files in that folder. Replace PoshExeHostForms.exe with the one contained in the attached zip file.Repackage your script and and run the exe. You should see a message box for the specified user id and the password as they are passed to to LogonUser API call. uploads/7840/PoshExeHostForms.zip
Alexander Riedel
This topic is 12 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.