PowerShell Studio Cache Export - Exchange Server

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject

PowerShell Studio Cache Export - Exchange Server

Post by PsCustomObject »

Hello,

using PowerShell Sutdio 2016 latest build and per subject I'm trying the cache export from an Exchange server, the process goes through smoothly but when I import the cache file there is no trace of the Exchange snap-ins hence no intellisense and syntax highlight.

I've been able to workaround this installing PowerShell studio on the Exchange server that I use for development and the cache export seems to correctly include Exchange specific snap-ins etc. When I import the cache file though all cmdlets seems to be duplicated (see attached image).

This is a minor annoyance more than anything else but I was wondering if this is a known "issue" and any workaround available, keep in mind the same behaviour was happening with PowerShell studio 2015 as well.

I used the cache export on an Exchange 2016 server but the same happened with 2013 and 2010 as well so I can confirm is not Exchange specific.

If there is any file or anything that I can upload for your to rewiew please let me know.

Thanks
Attachments
PS.png
PS.png (7.72 KiB) Viewed 2610 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: PowerShell Studio Cache Export - Exchange Server

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Moved to correct forum by moderator. Please post product support questions in the corresponding product forum or your post may get missed or receive a delayed answer.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Can you attach the exported cache? Or upload the file using our Support Uploads:

https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

This will give us a better idea as to what is happening with the duplicates.

David
David
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Thanks David,

I've just uploaded the file, keep in mind this is from an "older" export but it's the same I'm using on my dev. workstations.

Any idea for the need to install PowerShell Studio to have the cache correctly built with all Exchange stuff?

Thanks D.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

As for the Exchange Snapin, the pre-cache files need to be updated to include the latest versions.

We sent you an email with a link to a script that will generate the necessary pre-cache files. Please zip and attach the files to this topic or email them back to us.

Thank you,

David
David
This topic is 7 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.