[PSS 2016][Bug] After Update: Template path confusion

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Bosparan

[PSS 2016][Bug] After Update: Template path confusion

Post by Bosparan »

PSS Version: 2016 5.2.116
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
WMF Version: 5.0

Impact: One-time irritation

Symptom:
After upgrading to 2016 from 2015 (4.2.99) the installation created new appdata paths for the new version number, eg: "C:\Users\Bosparan\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2016\". It moves most old content from the 2015 directory while it does so. However, it fails to update the templates path in the options. It does however move the templates. Also, new templates are created in the 2016 path, which are then unavailable, since the option still points to the old path.
Once the Template Directory setting has been updated manually, this worked just fine, but until then it's been a major irritation.

Note: The update was performed under an account different from the user account.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: [PSS 2016][Bug] After Update: Template path confusion

Post by davidc »

It only moves the ApplicationData folder and copies over user registry settings. The user folders are not moved (MyDocuments\SAPIEN\...).

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Bosparan

Re: [PSS 2016][Bug] After Update: Template path confusion

Post by Bosparan »

Hi David,

just reporting what I observed - can't exactly reproduce it, lacking an older installer.
That said, for some reason my template directory points to the appdata path. I don't know why (either manual intervention or something PSS did at some time in some version. It's been a long journey with PSS for me and I don't remember all it did to me and I did to it), but user data should be placed in another path obviously. Moved it to userhome (full UNC path), tested it: works.

Best guess, I modified the original template before user templates were introduced, then didn't do the smart thing when the feature came. Might be any other hosts of reasons though and is highly probable not a bug after all.

Cheers and thanks for your patience,
Bosparan
This topic is 8 years and 2 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.