Cache Exporter - Can't import cache into PSStudio 2015

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jbudde

Cache Exporter - Can't import cache into PSStudio 2015

Post by jbudde »

Hey everyone,

I am trying to import a cache from another server and keep getting "Could not find a part of the path" when I complete the import wizard (prompts for type of remoting, the cache file location and credentials.) The path in the error is to the RemoteHost.inf file. This file is present, and has the config in it that I provide to the wizard. So, it appears that it is actually writing the file. However, the host never appears in my host drop down on the home ribbon. I see that others have asked this same question but I didn't find a fix there:

viewtopic.php?t=9442

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2015, v4.2.99, (how do I find the build?)
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win 7 enterprise x64
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Full error de-identified:

Could not find a part of the path '\\SERVER\SHARE$\USERNAME\Profile-DoNotDelete\AppData\SAPIEN\CachedData 2015\SERVERNAME\RemoteHost.inf'.

(Note that the current user here has a REDIRECTED profile in Windows. I have tried this with a standard local only profile user, so no share is involved with the profile, and the exact same issue occurs.)

Thanks
jbudde

Re: Cache Exporter - Can't import cache into PSStudio 2015

Post by jbudde »

After some more testing I think I figured this out. When I rebuild the cache files on the remote server and then do another export, the import on my vm works fine. Even though when I first ran the export the tool said that it found cache files for v4, exactly the same statuses that it showed after the rebuild, following that procedure got me fixed up.

Thanks
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.