PowerShell Studio "add to" with TFS problem

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
KSSG-Departement-IT

PowerShell Studio "add to" with TFS problem

Post by KSSG-Departement-IT »

Hi

We are using PowerShell Studio 2015 with Microsoft TFS. If I create a new Project in a TFS managed Folder I am not able to add it to TFS.
I click "Add to..." and then this appears:
AddTo.JPG
AddTo.JPG (47.34 KiB) Viewed 5868 times
but after a click on "Yes" nothing happen.

But do I create the Project in a not TFS managed Folder (path in the Picture) I can add it without Problems. Why does this behave like this?
I would like to create Project from the beginning in the correct Folder and just add it to my Source Control.

My Infos about the Environment:
Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2015, Version 4.2.86
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64x
Operating system: Windows Server 2012 R2
32 or 64 bit OS: 64x

Thank you very much for your help
DevinL

Re: PowerShell Studio "add to" with TFS problem

Post by DevinL »

I'm currently setting up a test environment to reproduce this and I will get back to you when I have some more information.
DevinL
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Unfortunately I've been unable to reproduce this. I've setup a TFS on a Windows Server 2012 R2 VM and was able to check files/projects in without issue.

Is there any other information you can provide regarding your setup? Are you able to add/view files using the Team Explorer?
DevinL
KSSG-Departement-IT

Hi DevinL

Sorry for my late Response.

My TFS Server is also running on a Windows Server 2012 with the Version 12.0.31101.0 (Tfs2013.Update4). If you need further Information please let me know.
Yes, I can do anything with Team Explorer. Like I said if the File/Project within a folder which is not mapped to TFS it works fine. But if the Folder mapped it does not work.
The same problem exists on an other Server with another user too.

Thanks
$$t-1t
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I created a Windows Server 2012 VM and installed TFS2013.Update4, ran another Windows Server 2012 VM with PowerShell Studio 2015 4.2.99 and could not replicate this.

Are you able to update to the latest version of PowerShell Studio (currently 4.2.99) and confirm the problem still exists?
DevinL
KSSG-Departement-IT

I Updated to 4.2.99. (Btw. the update function of PowerShell Studio should take the Install Location from the first install and not just install it in the Default Directory.)

But the Problem still exists, I found out if the Folder is not within a mapped TFS path, this GUI Shows up:
tfs.jpg
tfs.jpg (70.24 KiB) Viewed 5623 times
I can create the Folder "TestProject" and still afer a click on "Ok" nothing happens.
The folder were not even created in the TFS.

I downloaded the MSSCCI Provider and uninstalled/installed it again => https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.micros ... 78e7116c8d

Workspace Settings I am using:
File Time: Current
Permissions: Private Workspace
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I managed to recreate this and am looking into it further. I will let you know when I have some more information.
DevinL
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

I'm attaching a .zip with a CustomMenu.inf inside and this workaround should solve your issue. As long as you have the default install location for Team Explorer, you can extract the CustomMenu.inf to C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio 2015\ and then fire up PowerShell Studio.

When you navigate to the Tools tab, click Custom Tool to the left and you'll see two options to add the project or to add the active file to the TFS. In my test, adding the project using this tool and then pressing Add To... in the ribbon allowed me to check the project into the server.

If you have a different location for Team Explorer,
Custom_Tool.png
Custom_Tool.png (21.4 KiB) Viewed 5255 times
CustomMenu.zip
(262 Bytes) Downloaded 241 times
DevinL
KSSG-Departement-IT

Hi DevinL

It seems to work, thank you very much. The only thing I had to change in the *.inf file was the second number to 2, there were in both lines the number 1 in use.

Does this Problem exists because we do not use the default Installation path or is it a general problem?

Thanks again
DevinL

Post by DevinL »

Sorry for the mistake in the *.inf, I've updated the download with the correct numbering for future reference.

And this is a general problem due to how the TFS and its provider handles their directories. Your installation directory was not the issue so no need to worry.
DevinL
This topic is 8 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.