Is there a secret to panel managment?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
yobyot

Post by yobyot »

Well, I just can't seem to get the hang of panel management in PSS 2015.

Lots of things I don't understand keep happening, the most annoying of which is shown in this short video clip.

There, you can see I start with a saved layout that has the Properties pane docked. When I change it to auto-hide, boom!, it fills the entire display.

What I am missing?

Thanks.
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, yobyot.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PowerShell Studio 2014, Version & Build: 4.1.71. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
    2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
    4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
    5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.

*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
yobyot

Re: Is there a secret to panel managment?

Post by yobyot »

yobyot wrote:Well, I just can't seem to get the hang of panel management in PSS 2015.

Lots of things I don't understand keep happening, the most annoying of which is shown in this short video clip.

There, you can see I start with a saved layout that has the Properties pane docked. When I change it to auto-hide, boom!, it fills the entire display.

What I am missing?

Thanks.
I tried both posting a link to YouTube and uploading a small .mp4, neither of which was allowed. Please allow me to post external links if the explanation is unclear.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

If you zip the video you should be able to post it as long as it is smaller then 2MB.

Or try placing the link in an output tag.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
yobyot

Post by yobyot »

https://youtu.be/oKzwWR0XRkY
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

I have not been about to reproduce this. You are using a custom layout? Chances are that is restoring the last know size.

I recommend trying the following:

1. Undock the problem panel.
2. Reduce the size.
3. Then re-dock it and size according.
4. Save the layout (overriding the old one).

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
yobyot

Post by yobyot »

This same, annoying behavior occurs on a native Windows 10 machine running your latest release.

I am not running custom panels.
This topic is 8 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.