Powershell Studio [2015] x64 error VSSconnect.dll

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 8 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jefcrawf2

Post by jefcrawf2 »

I recently just installed powershell studio 2015 along with ChangeVue in a fresh install with the latest binary bits.

Patches: Up to date
Version: x64
--Studio 4.2.86
--ChangeVue 2.2.84

When I attempt to activate integration with ChangeVue inside of Powershell studio I windup with this message being displayed in the OutPut window.

Unable to load DLL 'VSSConnect.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

If I navigate to folder:
C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2015

I can see that there is a VSSConnect.dll file in this folder. Uncertain where to go from here though.
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, jefcrawf.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PowerShell Studio 2014, Version & Build: 4.1.71. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
    2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
    4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
    5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.

*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Powershell Studio [2015] x64 error VSSconnect.dll

Post by davidc »

Thank you for reporting the issue. We will investigate and try to recreate this on our end.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jefcrawf2

Post by jefcrawf2 »

Hi. I wanted to check in and see if you guys had been able to make any progress on this. Still having the issue and looking to try to find a resolution for it.
davidc

Post by davidc »

We were not able to recreate this issue. The error number suggests that a dependence is missing.

Please verify that you have the Visual Studio 2012 runtimes installed (x86 & x64) on your server.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

David
David
jefcrawf2

Post by jefcrawf2 »

I checked into the device and the run times were already on the device. I think the issue might of been caused by an install order issue. I installed changevue first followed by powershell studio on the first pass. I just removed both products from the device and re-installed powershell studio first followed by changevue next. This seems to of corrected the error now.
davidc

Post by davidc »

The order shouldn't matter. It is possible when you reinstalled that the prerequisites were correctly installed.

David
David
This topic is 8 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.