Projects converted from 2012 to 2014 error out in 2015

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I have been using Powershell Studio/Primal Forms since the 2009 version. That being said I have some legacy forms - some of which have been converted multiple times which have followed through with me and so far each time it has worked without issue.

This morning I upgraded from powershell studio 2014 to Powershell Studio 2015. I went to open a project to extract some code when I was presented with the error in screen shot 1 (error1)
This is the error when attempting to open a project that worked fine in Powershell Studio 2014
This is the error when attempting to open a project that worked fine in Powershell Studio 2014
error1.PNG (26.54 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
If I select continue it lets me edit code but if I try to do anything (switch tabs, build, etc) I get the error again. If I select Quit I receive more instances of the same error message and after a few times of clicking continue the app finally closes and I am presented with the dialog presented in error2
This is the error after powershell studio finally closes from the previous error.
This is the error after powershell studio finally closes from the previous error.
error2.PNG (21.11 KiB) Viewed 3252 times
Powershell Studio Version: 4.2.76 (64 bit)
OS: Windows 8.1 64 bit fully patched (powershell 4 is the latest powershell used on this machine - no powershell 5)

Some more information on this project. This project originally was a powershell studio 2012 project which was converted to a powershell studio 2014 project. It has been working fine and I have been saving it as a 2014 project ever since the initial conversion.

I have a few projects which were created in powershell studio 2014 and they appear to be working fine (of course they are no where as complex as this other project either). It appears to just be the projects that were converted from 2012 to 2014 and then opened in 2015 that appear to be showing this issue. I was able to replicate this issue with multiple projects that I converted from 2012 to 2014 and then just attempted to open in 2015. I can provide copies of the projects if needed.
SAPIEN Support Forums

Post by SAPIEN Support Forums »

This is an automated post. A real person will respond soon.

Thank you for posting, pdearmen.

Did you remember to include the following?
  • 1. Product, version and build (e.g. Product: PowerShell Studio 2014, Version & Build: 4.1.71. Version and build information can be found in the product's About box accessed by clicking the blue icon with the 'i' in the upper right hand corner of the ribbon.)
    2. Specify if you are running a 32 or 64 bit version
    3. Specify your operating system and if it is 32 or 64 bit.
    4. Attach a screenshot if your issue can be seen on the screen
    5. Attach a zip file if you have multiple files (crash reports, log entries, etc.) related to your issue.
If not, please take a moment to edit your original post or reply to this one.

*** Make sure you do not post any licensing information ***
pdearmen

Re: Projects converted from 2012 to 2014 error out in 2015

Post by pdearmen »

I expanded out the error message from the JIT and included it below
Attachments
ExpandedError.txt
This is the expanded error message
(30.63 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Can you zip and email the project to support@sapien.com?

This way we will be able to reproduce the issue on our end and thus resolve it faster.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I have emailed the project as requested. I left in all the 2012 files as well.
davidc

Post by davidc »

I don't see the email on our end.

David
David
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I sent it from my work email address: pdearment[at]vcpi[dot]com I can re-send again if needed.
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I apologize. It looks like our work email system is blocking sending out zip files. I'll attempt another email system to send it.
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

Our security system is filtering out all emails with zip files. I have sent an email from my gmail account (linked to my sapien account) and have included a link where I uploaded the zip file to my google drive account to download.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you I was able to download the file from the link.

We are looking into the crash now.

David
David
This topic is 9 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.