Parsing problems in Powershell Studio 2014

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
brvzit-pss01

Parsing problems in Powershell Studio 2014

Post by brvzit-pss01 »

Product Version:
Powershell Studio 2014 Version 4.1.65 x64
Operating System: 2012R2 Server

Problems with wrong parsing in PowershellStudio 2014.
BIG Problem is, that the code was written with PowerShell Studio 2012 and is abaut 50.000 lines of code! In Powershell Studio 2012, Powershell, PowerGUI, ... everything works normaly!! One BIG problem is, that Powershell Studio 2014 updates the forms from pff to pfs (existing project(s)) and doesn´t find defalt actions.....
2nd BIG problem: automatic code correction breaks regular expressions!!!!!

Examples:
$arrGroupNameFilters = @($arrGroupNames | foreach {"$($_.replace("X","*"))"})
No closing '"' found -> all code behind is recognized as string

[string]$Destination = "`"/dataroot$($DestinationPath -replace "\\\\my.domain.name\\(dfs|DFS)\\[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}" -replace "\\","/")`""
is replaced with:
[string]$Destination = "`"/dataroot$($DestinationPath -replace "\\\\my.domain.name\\(dfs | DFS)\\[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}" -replace "\\","/")`""

this breaks the regex!
Last edited by brvzit-pss01 on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Parsing problems in Powershell Studio 2014

Post by davidc »

Ok there are two issues here.

1. If you can please zip and email the form that can't "find default actions". Please send the original pff and we will take a look at it.

2. We are looking into the formatting issue.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
davidc

Post by davidc »

This formatting issue may take sometime to resolve, so in the meantime you can disable code formatting in Options->Formatting.

Another alternative is to format the code as follows:
PowerShell Code
Double-click the code block to select all.
$part = $DestinationPath -replace "\\my.domain.name\(dfs | DFS)\[a-zA-Z0-9]{8}" -replace "\", "/"

[string]$Destination = "`"/dataroot$part`""
This will resolve any coloring issues as well.

David
David
brvzit-pss01

Post by brvzit-pss01 »

Thanks for your reply! I know, there are two issues, but i think the second one is because of the first one.
I know using other Syntax can solve the issue, but i have written a very big Project with powershell Studio 2012 and here it works -> now i´m upgrading to powershell Studio 2014 and want to use the new Features - also code formating to clean up some "dirty" code. I is impossible to edit the existing Project with the new Version of powershell Studio. One reason more is the usage of x64!! In the last time i have sometimes "out of Memory" Errors on my dev-server (2012R2 GB RAM) = x86 Problem...

Best regards
davidc

Post by davidc »

The next service build of PowerShell Studio will make the syntax coloring is corrected for the string which will also resolve the formatting issue.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

The service build (v4.1.67) has been released.

David
David
brvzit-pss01

Post by brvzit-pss01 »

Now it works!
Thank you!
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.