How to prevent accessibility scaling in Windows forms (font)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
montag

How to prevent accessibility scaling in Windows forms (font)

Post by montag »

I am developing an application that will be pushed to 15k PCs, but I realize I've developed the entire thing to fit according to the default display size setting.

I am referring to the control that can be accessed through Control Panel > Display > Under "Change the size of all items", choose Smaller (default). The problem occurs when scaling up to Medium - 125% or Larger - 150%. Some of our users do this so they can see things better. It blows text up to the point where it's impossible to read and is overlapped by other text, images, and no longer fits on buttons, making it unreadable.

How do I prevent this? I have tried changing AutoScaleMode to every different option, as well as setting Draw Owner to Fixed. Any thoughts? Can I programmatically tell Sapien to ignore the font scaling or arbitrarily set it so that it can't be changed/autoscaled?

Thanks!

Using:

Powershell Studio 2012 vers. 3.1.28
Tested on x64, x86 Win 7 and Win 8
Last edited by montag on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: How to prevent accessibility scaling in Windows forms (f

Post by davidc »

If you use anchoring in with your controls, they should resize and shift accordingly regardless of the DPI settings. You should also consider using the TableLayoutPanel to organize your controls.

But I'm not sure exactly is occurring without a sample form.

For more information on Anchoring, please refer to the following article:

http://www.sapien.com/blog/2011/06/01/p ... -controls/

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.