SharePoint Intellisense like PowerGUI

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
ssvaidya@gmail.com

SharePoint Intellisense like PowerGUI

Post by ssvaidya@gmail.com »

I normally use PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript for most of my PowerShell scripting and development because of the numerous features available in the IDE.

However, the major area that I find that is lacking is SharePoint Intellisense.

When I use PowerGUI, the SharePoint Intellisense is excellent. :D However, when I work with the SharePoint libraries in PowerShell Studio or PrimalScript, the Intellisense/PrimalSense is extremely lacking and poor. :(

Below is a video demonstrating the immense differences in dealing with SharePoint libraries between the two IDEs:

http://screencast.com/t/aYCwAXEYlR0v
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: SharePoint Intellisense like PowerGUI

Post by davidc »

PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript does not maintain the variables after a script is ran, thus the reason the some variables do not have intellisense.

If you want intellisense for New-Object in PowerShell Studio,
(For example the Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite)
you can add a reference to the assembly in the Ribbon:

Home->Edit->Assemblies

or use Add-Type in the script:
PowerShell Code
Double-click the code block to select all.
Add-Type -AssemblyName System.Data
Note: PowerShell Studio and PrimalScript is decupled from the PowerShell engine, which makes sure that if your script crashes, the IDE remaining running.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 9 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.