Unable to open files saved from Powershell Studio 2012

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
pdearmen

Re: Unable to open files saved from Powershell Studio 2012

Post by pdearmen »

As soon as I enabled source control on Primal Script 2014 (x64) I was able to reproduce the same behavior. Guess something is up with change vue?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Can you please do the following test:

Copy one of these files to a drive with a FAT file system. A flash drive would do.
Then copy it back and see if you can open it.
I am trying to find out if there is something stored in secondary file steams that causes thus problem.

Thanks.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I performed the above test as requested. I created a new 10mb partition on my drive which was formatted as fat (not fat32)

I copied one file to the new partition and made a backup of the original. I then deleted it from the original location. I tried to open the file from the new partition - and it opened correctly.

I copied the file back to the original location - same issue as before.

As a further test, I copied multiple files to the new partition and overwrote the file that was working before -the same issue occurs. Powershell studio and primalscript both hang and error out with change vue enabled.

I turn off change vue and the files load on both the fat and ntfs formatted partitions.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Ok, thank you for doing that. It narrows down where to look.
Alexander Riedel
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

Just tried something (since change vu wasn't enabled anyways now and wasn't tracking changed) - I created a new repo in change vue and deleted my old one. I then left the repo empty with no folders/projects in it.

I launched one of my problem files and it produced the same issue.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Can you download the 32 bit versions of PowerShell Studio and ChangeVue 2014?

Be sure to uninstall the 64 bit versions of PowerShell Studio 2014 and ChangeVue 2014 before installing the 32 bit versions. Then let us know if you still encounter the issue. This will help us further isolate the cause.

Note: You will also have to select the 32 bit ChangeVue provider after installing PowerShell Studio 2014 32 bit.

Thank you,

David
David
pdearmen

Post by pdearmen »

I uninstalled the x64 versions of the software and restarted my machine. After the restart I installed the latest 32 bit versions of the software and launched both. I waited for the 32 bit cache builder to finish before proceeding. I then attempted to open a file with the same results - the application hangs on attempting to open the file with changevue active as the source control. Without changevue active the application is able to load the file.

Here is another fun fact I discovered today

If I have a copy of the file open (with source control disabled) and then I go and enable source control - the same issue occurs - the application locks up until I manually terminate it.

Also just to make security is not an issue - I set the problematic location to everyone - full control and replicated the permissions down to all the folders and files - although its just the standard file system that the application creates on install
This topic is 9 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.