v4.1.47 - Check for Updates button not working

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
cgrace70

v4.1.47 - Check for Updates button not working

Post by cgrace70 »

When I click on the button nothing happens. The expected dialog box does not appear.

I am using the 64-bit version of the 4.1.47 release (trial).

davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: v4.1.47 - Check for Updates button not working

Post by davidc »

If nothing happens, please go the installation folder and run the CheckForUpdates.exe manually.

C:\Program Files\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\PowerShell Studio 2014\

Then if nothing happens, please check the event logs for any errors.

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
cgrace70

Post by cgrace70 »

I found the problem. Check4Updates.exe did not get installed when I ran the installer to upgrade from 4.1.46. I reran the installer and completed a "Repair". It put the executable back in the folder. The button works now. Weird.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. :)
cgrace70

Post by cgrace70 »

I think there is a problem with the 4.1.47 installer. I just did the same upgrade from 4.1.46 on my home PC and I ran in to the same issue. The Check4Updates.exe is missing. As soon as I re-ran the installer and selected "Repair" the executable was put in the application folder.

Both my home computer and work computer are running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) and PowerShell Studio 2014 (64-bit) trial.
cgrace70

Post by cgrace70 »

UPDATE: The event log is not showing anything out of the ordinary.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Thank you for the update. We will see if you can find anything in regards to this issue with the installer vender.

David
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

Did you replace the previous CheckForUpdates.exe use the version from the other topic? This could have been the reason why the file was missing but still worked on Repair.

David
David
cgrace70

Post by cgrace70 »

Yes, I believe I did on both computers. Thanks for the prompt feedback.
This topic is 10 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.