Package Export - PowerShell v4 Option

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 10 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Srinath

Package Export - PowerShell v4 Option

Post by Srinath »

Hello,

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 which comes with PowerShell v4.0, I'm unable to packaged scripts exported with PowerShell v3 option.

When can I expect v4 option in Package Export wizard? Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Package Export - PowerShell v4 Option

Post by davidc »

The v3 packager setting should still run with v4. Are you getting an error message?

David
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

No error messages. My application is relied on PowerShell v3. When I run executable, some v3 based cmdlets are not working.

I will try to run the project directly and let you know.
Srinath

Post by Srinath »

David,

When I ran the project under v4 (on Windows 8.1 ENT with RSAT, it works fine. i.e., application launches and certain v3 specific cmdlets works fine. But when I exported the project and ran the executable, application launches but failed to execute certain v3 specific cmdlets failed to execute resulting no output to button click events.

For example, I've a form where checkbox events are not properly triggering in v4. I attached a screenshot. In this screenshot, by default first checkbox is checked. When user clicked on other checkboxes, it should trigger an event and uncheck other checkboxes. I know this is not a good practice.

I don't have any idea whether the problem is in PS 2012 or v4. Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.56 KiB) Viewed 3028 times
This topic is 10 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.