Cannot upgrade or uninstall with 'My Documents' access error

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
StupidSexyFlanders

Re: Cannot upgrade or uninstall with 'My Documents' access e

Post by StupidSexyFlanders »

Ok, I think I was able to fix this. I found that this wasn't a problem with the PSS at all. I started examining several files & folders that appeared on my local workstation 'My Documents' folder and found that many did not exist on the remote server (where said folder was being redirected to). So, even though I saw a 'SAPIEN' folder and all its subfolders in My Documents, they weren't actually there. When I would try to change/delete any of these phantom objects locally, I would get an error saying I 'had to be connected to the network' (which of course I was).

The solution was to RDP to the remote server and manually create remote folders matching the names of those appearing locally. As soon as I did that I re-ran the installed successfully. :)
Mike

Alexander Riedel
Answers: 2
Been upvoted: 6 times

Re: Cannot upgrade or uninstall with 'My Documents' access e

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Oh good, glad it worked out.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.