Import and use cmd-lets not existent /present on local machine

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 11 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Dear reader,

I have started to use Powershell Studio 2012 some time ago and I am getting quite fond of the many uses and usages. But I have a question with regards to creating Powershell scripts for 'applications' not present on your machine; IE Exchange, SharePoint, w2k8r2, and so on.

How to 'import' (?) the specific CMD-lets, allowing the autocomplete, (specific) help (files) and so on to be used (as if I were to have the application installed on the same machine using Powershell studio)?

Any suggestions and help is greatly appreciated,
Andor
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

We have a solution ready for this shortly. Please give it a few more days and keep an eye on our blog: http://www.sapien.com/blog/
There is some really cool stuff coming you don't want to miss.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Alexander, thanks for the feedback.
Any chance you can share when you expect to have the 'cool stuff' ready-for-review?
Alexander Riedel

Check back next week. Monday or Tuesday.
Alexander Riedel
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Alexander, thanks again.
I will be back 'shortly'
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Hi Alexander /PowerShell Studio Support team,

Without trying to seem overly impatience, I am anxious to understand what the 'cool stuff' is all about, as I got /get the impression that it is going to answer /address my question raised. Hope to read and hear from you, soon.

Cheers,
Andor
Alexander Riedel

Yesterday was a holiday here. Blog posts are scheduled, some minor installer work needs to be finished, t's to cross, i's to dot.
In the meantime, a question: Do you have remoting working to your servers?
Do you use RSEE to remote debug? Remote desktop?
Alexander Riedel
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Hi Alexander,

Thank you very much for the update.

I have an isolated (laptop)setup and I have no connection to the production-infrastructure /-servers that hold the various command-lets. I am not familiar with the term RSEE and as said no connection to the specific servers (using any connection method available).

I hope this helps you somewhat. I am thinking about the installation and configuration of a VM that is configured with (some of) the needed CMD-lets.

Does this help in any way?

Besides my suggested workaround (for which I hope it's a temporary one), I would be thrilled to see that the tool is going to facilitate a download-option, where information related to specific (EG Exchange, SharePoint, w2k8r2, VMware and so on) CMD-lets can be found and 'imported'

Cheers,
Andor
Alexander Riedel

A blog article about importing help files is scheduled for today. More information about this and a new build is forthcoming, so keep an eye on the blog.
Alexander Riedel
andor.oudt

Post by andor.oudt »

Alexander,

I just read the updated BLOG section and the added article describes some great stuff.

Now I suppose the CAB files will be made available via the many BLOGS and websites, but for several technologies used, I am currently still without PowerShell V3 and thus without the methods, as described in the BLOG.

Is there another way that I can utilize the information, while I am still 'stuck' with PowerShell V2?

Cheers,
Andor
This topic is 11 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.