Installation issue for v195

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
owinsloe
Been upvoted: 1 time

Installation issue for v195

Post by owinsloe »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.194
Build: v10.0.19043.0

I see there have been a couple of 195 installation problems and only posting this as it may help.

I also tried to install and closed PSS during the install so nothing should have been in file use conflict. I had a relatively low activity desktop with only a few apps running. The progress display was on my desktop and in focus when the first dialog appeared, the 2nd appeared when I ok-ed the first. I am not going to attempt further installs until I see that something has been found with this install.
Cheers team
Attachments
notifyDialogs.zip
Notification dialogs
(35.75 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: Installation issue for v195

Post by Alexander Riedel »

These are not messages from the PowerShell Studio installer, but from the SAPIEN Update tool. The messages indicate that the download was interrupted or the downloaded file has a different size than expected, which can indicate an aborted download, a proxy message, or any other type of file corruption.
This can be caused by a proxy server, firewall, a wobbly internet connection or whatever else is between you and the download location.
It works from here just now, but of course that does not necessarily apply to you.

The general rule is that if the update tool fails to download the update properly for whatever reason, go to your SAPIEN account page and download the desired build directly from there.
If you cannot download that, please check your proxy server or internet connection. I have verified that our downloads operate properly and the logs show no recent outage or service interruption.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
owinsloe
Been upvoted: 1 time

Re: Installation issue for v195

Post by owinsloe »

Interesting, tried again yesterday and work as expected. Cheers
This topic is 2 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.