Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
it@energidanmark.dk

Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

Post by it@energidanmark.dk »

I seem to have issues with my "intellisense" in My PowerShell Studio.

Usually i could just type "func" and it would give me the option to add a function, or advanced function.
Now i dont see the advanced function at all.
(See attachment issues 1)

The same happens when i am trying to add a Param block at the start of the script. Usually i could just type Param, but this is not an option anymore.
(Attachment issue 2)

Other "shortcuts" that i was used to have is also missing.

Another issue is sometimes when i am writing text in a "string". The "insertion" of the characters are slow and delayed. It could take up to between 1 -2 seconds per character that i am writing inside the "" (quotes).
I need to restart my PS Studio in order for it to work again, but it could take an hour or a few hours and the issue is back. It is not optimal to restart the studio several times a day.

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2021, Version 5.8.194.0
Operating system: Windows Server 2016 standard (64 bit)
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.14393.4583 (64 bit)
Attachments
Missing advanced function
Missing advanced function
POwerShell Studio issue 2.PNG (12.05 KiB) Viewed 11104 times
Missing param block
Missing param block
POwerShell Studio issue 1.PNG (14.57 KiB) Viewed 11104 times
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

Post by brittneyr »

The first issue I was able to reproduce and have reported the issue.

The second issue I have not been able to reproduce. Does this happen with script, form, or projects?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
it@energidanmark.dk

Re: Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

It happens in all of them, dosnt matter if i am creating a simple script, form or a project.
I fix it by restarting PS Studio, then it can take a day or two before the issue is back. Could it be Memory related?
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

Please try service build 5.8.195 and let me know if there is still an issue.
Brittney
it@energidanmark.dk

Thank you. I am currently updating, and will get back to you after some use.
it@energidanmark.dk

It is still an issue with the issue 2 where i am not provided the param, functions and other "quick" solutions.
I have not had enough use as to can comment on issue 1 yet (i am currently on holiday leave) but will get back to you later on this matter.
brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

The issue with not seeing function, advanced function, etc was an issue with the snippets not loading loading into the intellisense.
As of build of 5.8.195, I cannot find any issues with this:
SPS_PrimalSenseSnippets.png
SPS_PrimalSenseSnippets.png (16.37 KiB) Viewed 6261 times
Please verify that this is enabled in Options (Options->PrimalSense):
SPS_OptionsPrimalSenseSnippets.png
SPS_OptionsPrimalSenseSnippets.png (27.22 KiB) Viewed 6261 times

As for the slow insertion of characters with strings, I've only been able to reproduce this with large files (10,000+ lines) and some minor changes have been made for the next service release to improve this behavior. If you are experiencing this on specific smaller files, can you please submit a sample file here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload
Brittney
it@energidanmark.dk

It seems that the slow insertion of characters in a string, is fixed. I have not yet had this issue, after the last update, though i have not worked on a large file for some time now, but before the update, i also saw this with smaller files. I will check with a larger file when i have the chance. But it seems promising. The snippets not loading into intellisense, is still an issue, and the "show snippet shortcuts in primalsense" is enabled (All entries are enabled in primalsense options). I am currently running the 5.8.195 build.
I will try to restart both as an admin an as a user, as soon as i get the chance, and check if the context makes any difference, i might also try some other settings, but it is still an issue. I should be able to insert these from the Snippet "explorer" though, but it would be great if the intellisense had these again (It was not an issue in earlier release - cant remember exactly the version number here).

thank you
This topic is 2 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.