Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
it@energidanmark.dk

Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

Post by it@energidanmark.dk »

I seem to have issues with my "intellisense" in My PowerShell Studio.

Usually i could just type "func" and it would give me the option to add a function, or advanced function.
Now i dont see the advanced function at all.
(See attachment issues 1)

The same happens when i am trying to add a Param block at the start of the script. Usually i could just type Param, but this is not an option anymore.
(Attachment issue 2)

Other "shortcuts" that i was used to have is also missing.

Another issue is sometimes when i am writing text in a "string". The "insertion" of the characters are slow and delayed. It could take up to between 1 -2 seconds per character that i am writing inside the "" (quotes).
I need to restart my PS Studio in order for it to work again, but it could take an hour or a few hours and the issue is back. It is not optimal to restart the studio several times a day.

Product, version and build: Powershell Studio 2021, Version 5.8.194.0
Operating system: Windows Server 2016 standard (64 bit)
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.14393.4583 (64 bit)
Attachments
Missing advanced function
Missing advanced function
POwerShell Studio issue 2.PNG (12.05 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
Missing param block
Missing param block
POwerShell Studio issue 1.PNG (14.57 KiB) Viewed 2955 times

brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 17 times

Re: Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

Post by brittneyr »

The first issue I was able to reproduce and have reported the issue.

The second issue I have not been able to reproduce. Does this happen with script, form, or projects?
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

it@energidanmark.dk

Re: Issue with "intellisense" and slow/delay in adding characters in a "" (String)

It happens in all of them, dosnt matter if i am creating a simple script, form or a project.
I fix it by restarting PS Studio, then it can take a day or two before the issue is back. Could it be Memory related?

brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 20
Been upvoted: 17 times

Post by brittneyr »

Please try service build 5.8.195 and let me know if there is still an issue.
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

it@energidanmark.dk

Thank you. I am currently updating, and will get back to you after some use.