View downloads folder - PS Studio Updates

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rasdella

View downloads folder - PS Studio Updates

Post by rasdella »

PowerShell Studio 2021 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.8.193
Build: v10.0.19042.0
Operating system:
PowerShell version(s):

Just a sanity check perhaps - I run Powershell studio as an elevated user (local administrator) > if I detect a product update via the 'check for updates' in the ribbon, and select Download Only > when I select view the downloads folder > I am directed to my standard user account downloads folder and not the downloads folder for the local administrator containing the downloaded update.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: View downloads folder - PS Studio Updates

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Is there any particular reason you run PowerShell Studio elevated? In general that is not a good practice.
Elevation does not necessarily change the folders of the current profile. Downloads go to the folder the system specifies.
It is possible that there is a discrepancy as we generally do not test running elevated as it is not recommended.

You can run your scripts and debug them elevated as needed, but PowerShell Studio does not need to run elevated.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 6 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.