EV Code Signing Certificate issues

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Uhrenholt

EV Code Signing Certificate issues

Post by Uhrenholt »

Product, version and build: Latest
Operating system: Windows Server 2016
PowerShell version(s): 5.1
*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I have an issue with my code signing certificate.
The problem isnt the certificate itself - it lies within Sapien Powershell Studio somehow.
It's odd as it was recently renewed - the old one worked perfectly, but the new one just doesnt seem to be applied when I compile my exe files.

When I go to the settings for my builder, I have the signing option.
Adding my valid certificate along with the Trustzone/Globalsign URL doesnt seem to do anything for my exe file at all.
My signing looks like: (attached "signing.jpg")

I've attempted to add the certificate to the Output tab (both with and without a cleared Signing tab), but this stops my exe file from being created. It just stalls at "Embedding manifest").
Attached picture "embedding.jpg" (please note that I in this case have tried out with Elevated manifest as the other one wasnt working either - same problem though)

Having consulted my supplier of the certificate (trustzone/globalsign) - and confirmed all is well from their end, I find myself hoping that someone from Sapien can nudge me in the right direction?

When I right-click and run the exe file as administrator, I can see that the Company info is empty, and if I click on the Certificate info nothing comes up.
This was previously filled out when I used my old certificate.

Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance
Best regards
Henrik
Attachments
signing.jpg
signing.jpg (12.13 KiB) Viewed 7123 times
embedding.jpg
embedding.jpg (151.06 KiB) Viewed 7123 times
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: EV Code Signing Certificate issues

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Usually when signing hangs, it's a timestamp server problem. Try a different timestamp server or none whatsoever to see what happens.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Uhrenholt

Post by Uhrenholt »

If it was something that simple, it'd be amazing :)
Though I'd honestly be a bit offended - because this was specifically one of the things I had a talk with the supplier about. So I might just get a tad ticked off at them - they even sent me a custom link to ensure it would work.

Anyways, I'll give it a go :)
Cheers! :)

/Henrik
Uhrenholt

Post by Uhrenholt »

Heh, figured it out. Stupid mistake on my part I am afraid to admit.
I found a few other posts on the forum - some with info about there being other kinds of software that could handle the signing itself.

Not needed. Though I poured a few hours into it - it helped with hints towards the actual issue though.
Turns out - the signing software had changed behavior as this is a new kind of certificate (now sha256 instead of 128).
It is now mandatory to be logged on to the device itself in order to access the USB key, and thus being allowed to sign anything.
That took a bit of time - but just thought I'd inform you so dont need to worry about it anymore.

Thanks for the help though,
/Henrik
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Glad you were able to make it work. Your certificate requires a USB key?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.