SAPIEN PS Studio 2021 update to the latest version

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Maltacwie

SAPIEN PS Studio 2021 update to the latest version

Post by Maltacwie »

Hi, I have PS Studio 2021 v5.8.185 and the latest version is 5.8.188. When I check for updates I get info that no updates are available. Is this a bug because downloading/installing 5.8.188 on top of current version is odd workaround.

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021, v5.8.185
Operating system: Windows Server 2019 Standard
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.17763.1852
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: SAPIEN PS Studio 2021 update to the latest version

Post by brittneyr »

How are you checking for updates? Through the update tool (Help->Updates), in-product notifications (Top-Right corner of the application), or your Registered Product page?
Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Maltacwie

Post by Maltacwie »

I am trying to update it because new version might solve issue with this (it lasts for about a minute - I posted a topic on this as well):
PSSnotresponding.PNG
PSSnotresponding.PNG (6.53 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
Checking for updates was done from here:
PSSupdate.PNG
PSSupdate.PNG (125.58 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
This is definitely not a latest version of PS Studio:
pssversion.PNG
pssversion.PNG (72.68 KiB) Viewed 7446 times
Since I see version 5.8.188 in registered products.
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

That usually means that the SAPIEN Update tool is blocked by some means from accessing our server. When it cannot obtain the file containing the latest version information, it has no way of knowing there is newer version out there. The reasons for something like this are usually blocking firewall software, proxy servers or other means that can block access to the internet.

However, you can always, at any time, download the latest version from your account page and install it. It will update your current installation to the latest build.
It is an absolutely normal procedure. We do not release updates as incremental installs. All installers are always complete versions.
Alexander Riedel
Maltacwie

Post by Maltacwie »

Can you send me URLs to whitelist on our proxy server? If something is blocking access to update server I expected error message not green checkmark. With URLs whitelisted on our proxy I should be able to download/install version 5.8.188 from update tool?
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Update information and other downloads are obtained from AWS servers. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sapien
Let me re-iterate that there is nothing wrong with downloading and installing the latest build from your account page.
Alexander Riedel
Maltacwie

Post by Maltacwie »

We added ACL on Squid proxy - I was able to download/install latest versions of PS Studio/Update tool from Update tool. What is even more important currently I do not have issues with app hanging for a full minute (not responding status in Task Manager).
This topic is 2 years and 10 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.