UTF-8 + Compilation

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
atahnims

UTF-8 + Compilation

Post by atahnims »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021 v5.8.187
Operating system: Windows 10 PRO
PowerShell version(s): 5

Hi, I compiled my script with UTF-8 and UTF-8-BOM but I have special characters instead of accents lé

How to have the background blue and not black after compilation ?

Thanks for your help
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: UTF-8 + Compilation

Post by Alexander Riedel »

First of all, it's not a compiler. Its a packager.
'Accents' is a bit of a loose term. Can you be more specific? Maybe post the offending text?
Generally speaking, using UTF-16 will make all encoding problems go away. Any reason you cannot use that?

The console color is determined by the shortcut for PowerShell.exe if that is what you mean. You can create a shortcut for your packaged exe and specify the colors. Or set them in your script.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.