Basic database access

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
IanUoY

Basic database access

Post by IanUoY »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: 2021 - 5.8.187
Operating system: Windows 10
PowerShell version(s):

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Ok, i'm wanting to use PS to access databases both Oracle and SQL. When adding a datagridview for example, it invites you to specify the datasource. How is this set up? I've googled quite a bit and there is reference to a database browser....I've searched and searched, I cannot spot this. I feel like I'm missing something obvious here. Any help most appreciated.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Basic database access

Post by brittneyr »

The database browser is apart of the Object Browser panel:
SPS_DatabaseBrowser.png
SPS_DatabaseBrowser.png (16.77 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
It also can generate a query form with a datagridview for you:
SPS_DatabaseBrowserGenerateQuery.png
SPS_DatabaseBrowserGenerateQuery.png (31.12 KiB) Viewed 4269 times
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
IanUoY

Re: Basic database access

Post by IanUoY »

Aha....still took me a while to find as it was hidden. Thanks Ian
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.