Column Guides off by 1

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
4lch4_ExtraTxt
Has voted: 2 times

Column Guides off by 1

Post by 4lch4_ExtraTxt »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2021 v5.8.183
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise v2004
PowerShell version(s): 5.1.19041.610

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

Hey folks, this is a small issue I noticed but figured it should be mentioned. The column guides are off by one character in all file types I tested. I've attached a screenshot showing what I see, as well as provide some steps to reproduce the issue.

To reproduce the issue, perform the following steps:
  1. Launch SPS and navigate to File -> Options -> Editor
  2. Set the column to 80, and enable the Show column guide setting.
  3. Open a new PowerShell script or Text file and paste the contents following the list.
  4. Place your cursor at the end of the first line and note the position.
Code: [Select all] [Expand/Collapse] [Download] (Job_Documentation.txt)
  1. *******************************************************************************
  2.                              JOB INFORMATION
  3. *******************************************************************************
PowerShell_Studio_xv2VtjObHo.png
PowerShell_Studio_xv2VtjObHo.png (78.14 KiB) Viewed 6809 times
J.B. Hunt
Devin Leaman
Devin.Leaman@jbhunt.com
stephanied

Re: Column Guides off by 1

Post by stephanied »

Thank you for letting us know. I have been able to reproduce this and have filed a bug report.

Stephanie Dennis
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 38
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Column Guides off by 1

Post by brittneyr »

A fix for this bug was released with service build 188.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 2 years and 11 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.