complete simple working example timers

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
Jambon

complete simple working example timers

Post by Jambon »

To help you better we need some information from you.

Product, version and build:
PowerShell Studio 2020 version 5.7.177
Operating system:
Windows 10
PowerShell version(s):
PowerShell 5.1

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I have a powershell script that starts a job using Start-Job in the script form load event.
The code displays the form and then waits for the user to click on a button that will receive the job results using Receive-Job.
At the time of button click the code waits using Wait-Job until the job is finished. Sometimes the job is done and there is no wait (yay!).
At other times there is a wait. In this case I would like to display a busy indicator in the form by changing the button image to use an image list. I have read the interesting article on creating responsive forms in which a job and timer is started inside the click event handler. Is there a complete simple working example of this code that I could download?

brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 8
Been upvoted: 6 times

Re: complete simple working example timers

Post by brittneyr »

If the article you are referring to is PowerShell Studio: Creating Responsive Forms, there should be a link at the bottom of the article that should take you to our Downloads and allow you to download the sample from there.

If that link does not work, then the sample can be found here:
https://www.sapien.com/downloads#Sample ... essBar.zip
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.