Git functions do not work

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
mbra6900
Answers: 1

Git functions do not work

Post by mbra6900 »

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2020 v. 5.7.179.0
Operating system: Win 10 64 BIT
PowerShell version: 5.1.19041.1 and 7.0.3

I can't get the Source Control commands to work.

Some examples are:

The Shell and GUI button doesn't work I get this error: Run Command "Shell" - Error: The system cannot find the file specified.

The Add button I get these errors: fatal: pathspec 'MainForm.psf' did not match any files
error: pathspec 'MainForm.psf' did not match any file(s) known to git
by mbra6900 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:47 am
I found the cause of the error. When I installed Git I did it to my user\AppData folder.
After uninstalling Git and installing it again, this time to the Program Files folder. Everything works as it should do. :D
Go to full post

Alexander Riedel

Re: Git functions do not work

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Which Git version do you have installed?
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

mbra6900

Post by mbra6900 »

Version 2.28.0

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

Thank you. We will investigate.
Alexander Riedel

brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 3
Been upvoted: 1 time

Post by brittneyr »

The error you received means that git is looking for a branch called MainForm.psf. I'm assuming this is not what you are trying to do. When there are no editor documents open in PowerShell Studio, you should be able to open the shell or gui without it trying to open for a specific repository:
SPS_GitShellGUI.png
SPS_GitShellGUI.png (39.61 KiB) Viewed 468 times
Please verify that you have your git repository set up correctly for your local machine:

If you were trying to use a specific branch from your git repository, please make sure it exists locally as when cloning as by default only the master branch it cloned. In later versions of git, it can detect remote branches and create a local one on checkout.
Brittney Ryn

mbra6900

Post by mbra6900 »

I found the cause of the error. When I installed Git I did it to my user\AppData folder.
After uninstalling Git and installing it again, this time to the Program Files folder. Everything works as it should do. :D