Constant flickering of wait cursor - its back

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
Lembasts
Has voted: 1 time
Been upvoted: 1 time

Constant flickering of wait cursor - its back

Post by Lembasts »

TProduct, version and build: 178
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: 10 1909
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

The constant flickering of the wait cursor (intellisense issue?) disappeared for a while after I installed 178.
Sad to say that it returned at the beginning of this week.
It happens everywhere in the PS window except the script and output windows.
And like the last time - its only happening in my two large projects - smaller projects dont seem to cause an issue.
And then sometimes opening a smaller project then the larger one makes the problem go away???
Thanks
David
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Constant flickering of wait cursor - its back

Post by brittneyr »

That is strange that it started again. Its also strange where the issue is happening. To my knowledge, what was changed last time was only related to intellisense in the editor, specifically when you hover over user-defined functions. Is it when you simply move your cursor around that this happens or are you doing something?
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

Yes - its just moving the cursor to areas outside of the script and output windows. i.e. the ribbon, project, object browser, functions etc.
Lembasts

Post by Lembasts »

OK so when I fixed the issue in the random runtime error thread, my cursor flickering went away too.
something about different versions of psf files?
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

The version number of psf files was updated in build 175 as to mark the charges in the designer for PowerShell 7. I was not able to reproduce this specific behavior in the service build of PowerShell Studio that hasn't been released yet.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 3 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.