Page 1 of 1

German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:58 am
by FrankAndrew
.
Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.173
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit)
Build: v10.0.17763.0

This is posted here instead of the GUI forum because the file formats used by PowerShell Studio 2020 has changed.

As you know the possible file encoding formats for the script files can now be:
Possible PowerShell Studio File Encoding Formats
Possible PowerShell Studio File Encoding Formats
2020.03.13_07-32-13_SAPIEN_PowerShell_5.7.173_CodePages_for_SourceCode.png (4.12 KiB) Viewed 694 times

I have a HashTable of office names in some of my scripts. Here is a look of some of the ctiy names with the German umlaut characters in them:
HastTable of some city names
HastTable of some city names
2020.03.13_10-31-09_HashTable_of_OfficeNames_in_Script.png (41.52 KiB) Viewed 694 times

This is what they look like in a DataGridView Table:
Incorrect display in the GUI
Incorrect display in the GUI
2020.03.12_16-15-36_Incorrect_Display_of_German_Umlaute_Characters_in_GUI.png (18.58 KiB) Viewed 694 times

I have tried all four of the listed file encoding formats with NO difference in the GUI.

What am I doing wrong?
Do you guys need to change something?

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:30 am
by FrankAndrew
If I create an EXE file the umlaute ARE correct.

In all other cases: Debugging, or running an exported PS1 file or just running the script from inside PSS the display is incorrect.

This was NOT the case before the file encoding change.

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:54 am
by brittneyr
Thank you for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and it should be resolved in the next service release.

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:22 am
by FrankAndrew
Just installed the next service release version:
Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.174
OS: Windows 10 Enterprise (64 Bit)
Build: v10.0.17763.0

The umlaut charaters are still NOT being display correctly in the GUI when Debugging.
Incorrect Display in GUI during Debugging
Incorrect Display in GUI during Debugging
2020.03.24_14-03-55_SAPIEN_PowerShell_5.7.174_Incorrect_Display_in_GUI.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 466 times

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:47 am
by brittneyr
What is the current encoding set on that file:
SPS_Encoding.png
SPS_Encoding.png (17.89 KiB) Viewed 461 times
If possible, could you provide us with a sample script demonstrating the behavior? You can upload it here:
https://www.sapien.com/support/upload

Re: German Umlaute characters incorrect in GUIs

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:01 am
by FrankAndrew
Hi Brittney,

Thanks for the information about where I am supposed to find the formatting for each file.
It was just "UTF-8". After changing it to "UTF-8-BOM" it works as needed!

I thought that changing the setting in the Options menu would change all open files but as I see now that is only for new files.

Being as I have used PrimalScript for more than 15 years I was looking for this information in the context menu of the file being edited and then under properties. I wondered were that Information had gotten off to. I did NOT even look down there in the frame of PowerShell, but I will now.

The problem is NOW fixed, Thanks again.