Incorrect binding certificate

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
daniel kusnir

Incorrect binding certificate

Post by daniel kusnir »

Hello Team

we found out strange behavior lately. When we build our packages, it usually ends up with incorrect certificate instead of the one that is set in the Options and in the settings. What fixes things is we have to go to the Deploy > settings > Output and reselect certificate before the build. Once its bound, we don´t have to redo it. However when we close the form and reopen, scenario repeates.

usually, it chooses Windows live certificate, the one we login to the OS with.

Product, version and build:
64 bit version of product: 5.7.173
Operating system: 64 bit OS: Build 1909 ( 10.0.18363.657 )

have you seen similar behavior ?
Attachments
cert2
cert2
cer2.JPG (21.24 KiB) Viewed 1784 times
Cert
Cert
cert.JPG (145.94 KiB) Viewed 1784 times

brittneyr
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect binding certificate

Post by brittneyr »

We are currently investigating this and will get back to you soon.
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

The certificate information is copied from options in PowerShell Studio and added to a psbuild file. Any further changes made in the Script Packager do not update the certificate set in options in PowerShell Studio.

If you open one of the psbuild files that you are experiencing this behavior, does it list the correct thumbprint of the certificate?
Brittney Ryn

daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

Hello

my stamping stopped to work completely so i will reinstall the psstudio and let you know when i properly test and document all behavior.

brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I don't believe the signing not working is directly a SAPIEN issue. It appears signing with any time stamp url with SHA256 fails. Please try with the following time stamp url and let me know if that works for you:
http://timestamp.digicert.com
Brittney Ryn

daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

hello

as mentioned in other post, i am unable to use PFX certificates completely in the latest version. However what i see is this :

PFX=Lenovo
PFXThumbPrint=

Thumbprint is empty , when i dont choose certificate directly - however is saved in the options and in the settings. Therefore it will use first available.

After manually re-selecting the certificate, i can see this :

PFX=Lenovo
PFXThumbPrint=****752DF3A91F9683**** ( i did not put whole cert hash )

i think it does not always save the thumbprint, event if it was previously saved in the psbuild file

daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

i forgot to mention - the timestamp you provided fixed the sign problem for me, so i am able to sign my files now

daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

i created video, what the behavior is. Even if the certificate is selected, it overwrites the PFXThumbprint if i save the settings without specifically select the ceritificate. I copied video here :

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aph32wjMIuwkgu1wxVA ... w?e=zVs419

brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr »

I'm was able to reproduce the packager behavior and have filed an internal bug report for the development team. When I have more information, I'll post here.
Brittney Ryn

daniel kusnir

Post by daniel kusnir »

hi Brittney

glad to hear that.

thanks for your support and help