Activation error after update

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
jrparry
Meble kuchenne na zamówienie - na wymiar - Wrocław

Activation error after update

Post by jrparry »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:5.7.172.0
32 or 64 bit version of product:64
Operating system:Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS:64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
Since updating to version 5.7.172.0 I can no longer activate my products. When I first launch I get a HTML error saying I have browsed from an unrecognized IP address
Initail error.PNG
Initail error.PNG (14.5 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
If I click on Retry I am taken to the activation window, I enter my details and click on Activate, but get an error saying my Activation Key could not be verified online.
Second Error.PNG
Second Error.PNG (81.59 KiB) Viewed 1148 times
I didn't have this issue before the update

Can you help?

DO NOT POST LICENSES, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM

Alexander Riedel

Re: Activation error after update

Post by Alexander Riedel »

This is your proxy server responding, not our server. You should contact your proxy server admins to let https traffic to www.sapien.com and api.sapien.com through.
You request was not received by our activation servers.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

jrparry

Post by jrparry »

Has activation changed in the latest version? I didn't have an issue before the upgrade.

I can browse to www.sapien.com through chrome, so our proxy isn't blocking that
If I try to browse to api.sapien.com I receive a 503 error

Alexander Riedel

Nothing has changed in quite some time. api.sapien.com is not a site you can browse to.
If you look at the error message you posted, it says "The proxy therefore denied access to this site or page".
I am not sure what your configuration is, but that is an error message from your side.
Alexander Riedel

jrparry

Post by jrparry »

The error is being returned by our proxy, but it is an error that our proxy has received from somewhere.
If I browse to the URL in the error I get the following, which is not from our proxy
Browser Error.PNG
Browser Error.PNG (23.83 KiB) Viewed 1138 times

Alexander Riedel

I ran a quick test and activations seem to go through. Where are you located, geographically speaking?
Alexander Riedel

Alexander Riedel

I have alerted our web folks to look into the matter. It's 2 am in California, so it will take a few hours before they get to the office.
I apologize for the delay. Please still let us know where exactly you are, so we can determine if that is a factor.
Alexander Riedel

jrparry

Post by jrparry »

I am based in the UK

jrparry

Post by jrparry »

Don't know if you have done something at your end, but it has suddenly started working