Unable to add Packaged Executable in MSI installer

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
ronkna
Meble kuchenne na zamówienie - na wymiar - Wrocław

Unable to add Packaged Executable in MSI installer

Post by ronkna »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2020 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.7.172
Build: v10.0.17763.0

I try to make an MSI installer but I think I'm missing a button? I can't add (Packaged Executable) to the files and folders? Also I'm unable to select a destination for the shortcut

Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: Unable to add Packaged Executable in MSI installer

Post by Olga_B »

There are two new buttons Add Files and Add Folder. Click on New Files, and it should open Open dialog where you can navigate and select executable files.
Have you tried Drag and Drop files?

The 'Create shortcut to:' combobox will be populated after you added files to Files and Folders list

ronkna

Post by ronkna »

In another project that I made with an older version, I was able to select "Packaged Executable" instead of browsing to the folder where I created the exe file. That way

I just installed an older version (2019 Version 5.9.159) and the option is available:

Alexander Riedel

Post by Alexander Riedel »

The UI has changed, the packager and MSI builder are now an external tool. You need to select the actual file(s).
It is less ambiguous and more easily understood by most users.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.