How do I build a ps1 to an exe? "Error: No files specified"

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jgq1985

How do I build a ps1 to an exe? "Error: No files specified"

Post by jgq1985 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Win10 1903
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

When I make a simple script and try to build it just tells me "Error: No files specified"
SAPIEN Package and Deploy Tool 4.1 (c) 2005 - 2019 SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

------ Build started: GridGetProcess, Configuration: x64 ------
Packaging with SAPIEN PowerShell V5 Host (Command line) x64
Adding C:\Users\Kestrel\Documents\SAPIEN\PowerShell Studio\Files\GridGetProcess.ps1
Writing scripts to bin\x64\GridGetProcess.exe
Embedding default manifest...
Package completed

Error: No files specified

1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Alexander Riedel
Answers: 19
Been upvoted: 37 times

Re: How do I build a ps1 to an exe? "Error: No files specified"

Post by Alexander Riedel »

You did not include the requested product version.

At any rate, it sounds like you clicked the build button. That includes making an MSI after you packaged an exe. If you have not specified any files for an MSI, it would output that message.

Please let us know what you actually clicked on. A screenshot usually helps.
Alexander Riedel
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
jgq1985

Re: How do I build a ps1 to an exe? "Error: No files specified"

Post by jgq1985 »

Yeah I clicked Deploy instead and that produced the desired result. False alarm thanks.
This topic is 4 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.