MSI Builder Requires Explicit Files

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
jasonv

MSI Builder Requires Explicit Files

Post by jasonv » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:14 am

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.169
Build: v10.0.17763.0

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I just received an update to this version. I'm creating an installer for a module. The new MSI builder now requires the user to explicitly add the install files. Is this the intended operation? The installer that was created selected by default the module project file (.psproj) which doesn't make sense.

Thanks.

brittneyr
Site Admin

Re: MSI Builder Requires Explicit Files

Post by brittneyr » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:33 pm

When creating a new MSI installer from PowerShell Studio, a default psbuild is created based off your settings. If a psbuild file already exists, it will simply open it in SAPIEN Script Packager.

For a module project, the default psbuild should include your psm1 and psd1 under Files and Folders. Are you saying those are not added in the Files and Folders section when you go to edit your MSI settings in the SAPIEN Script Packager?
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

jasonv

Post by jasonv » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:00 am

Yes, they are not being added.

The first try with nothing explicitly added by me installed the project file without the psm1 and psd1 files. I needed to add these files. I did this and it worked as expected although I also received the staging folder too even though I did not add it to the build.

Thanks.

brittneyr
Site Admin

Post by brittneyr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:19 pm

Please try the latest build (5.6.170).
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.