MSI installdir issue

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
TheVito

MSI installdir issue

Post by TheVito »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019 ( 64 bit ), v5.6.169
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS Build 18362.418
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***
I am specifying an installfolder on the c: drive, but it is being created on the d: drive.
I have looked at the .psbuild file and it is set correctly pointing to the c: drive, but when i install
the msi on to a machine ( running from the desktop ) it creates the install dir on the d:

I have deleted the .psbuild file the .package file and the msi file and recreated them several times, each
time with the same result.
i am running the latest version 169 which fixed an issue of me not being able to even add a custom action, but now i am having this bizarre behavior.
I tried restarting powershell studio, thinking maybe something is cached, but same results.

DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTIONS, KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 4671 times
EclipseDeployer.psproj.psbuild
(4.18 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Re: MSI installdir issue

Post by Olga_B »

I need a bit more clarification from where and what .msi file you are running
You said: 'but when i install the msi on to a machine ( running from the desktop ) ...'

but in provided .psbuild file the output folder is set to c:\foo meaning the new .msi file will be in that folder

Just want to be sure you are running installer from the newly created .msi

Also if you run Install from Script Packager tool (on the Ribbon Run/Install) where it goes?
TheVito

Post by TheVito »

Yes the output folder is on my dev machine, and I grab it from c:\foo and moved it to another machine to install it. I am positive I am grabbing the correct .msi, as I watch the file being created in the c:\foo

if I click the install button then the files end up on the c: drive in the correct folder. but using the .msi that was built they end up on the d: drive
Attachments
Untitled1.png
Untitled1.png (8.28 KiB) Viewed 4663 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

OK, thanks
We will try to reproduce this.
Could you try one more thing - create .msi with 'Use a simple UI...' option checked. It's on Product Details page.
Try to install that .msi and let me know what Installation Folder is set to during insatall
TheVito

Post by TheVito »

doing the install from inside the ribbon for the Installer creates the folder on the c: drive which is correct, but once i move this msi to another machine it installs the files on the d:
Attachments
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (14.1 KiB) Viewed 4657 times
TheVito

Post by TheVito »

I created it with the simple ui checked and when i run it on the other machine it says d: even though in the other screen on the installer product details it shows c:
Attachments
Untitled5.png
Untitled5.png (15.05 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Untitled4.png
Untitled4.png (5.2 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Untitled3.png
Untitled3.png (7.38 KiB) Viewed 4656 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

Thanks. We will try to reproduce it.
TheVito

Post by TheVito »

thanks,

it also does not run my custom actions, which all they do is build the directory structures
Attachments
Untitled7.png
Untitled7.png (15.41 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
Untitled6.png
Untitled6.png (15.77 KiB) Viewed 4653 times
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

What is your another machine? Is c-drive configured only to have OS installed?
On that machine where all other programs are installed on c-drive or d?
TheVito

Post by TheVito »

It is a windows 2016 server, nothing is preventing programs from being installed on the c: drive, i have several things installed on the c: drive. example notepad++ and zabbix agent
This topic is 4 years and 4 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.