Running Debugger - inspecting variable contents

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST SUBSCRIPTION NUMBERS, LICENSE KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
Andras

Running Debugger - inspecting variable contents

Post by Andras » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:53 pm

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PS Studio 5.6.168
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64
Operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise - 1709
32 or 64 bit OS: 64

Hello,

I am debugging a script and am utilising the 'variables' Window under the debugger to examine the content of some variables at the time a breakpoint is reached. See attached pic. If I click on the ...click to see array values - the momentary display then collapse back down. The hash object only contains two entries. I am not an expert on the debugging side of PSStudio - can you please advise if this is expected behaviour or is there a way to have the content of the variable stay 'open'.

many thanks

Andrew
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.92 KiB) Viewed 1562 times

brittneyr
Site Admin

Re: Running Debugger - inspecting variable contents

Post by brittneyr » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:35 am

This is the expected behavior. I would recommend adding the variable to the watch panel.
You can add a variable to the watch panel by right-clicking on the variable and selecting Add to Watch:
SPS_AddToWatch.png
SPS_AddToWatch.png (78.24 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
The variable will then appear in the Watch panel where the value will always be displayed:
SPS_WatchPanel.png
SPS_WatchPanel.png (51.68 KiB) Viewed 1526 times
Brittney Ryn
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.

Andras

Re: Running Debugger - inspecting variable contents

Post by Andras » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi Brittney

excellent - exactly what I was after - thanks

Andrew