Home Toolbar Not Staying in Focus

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
timstspry11

Home Toolbar Not Staying in Focus

Post by timstspry11 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build:PowerShell Studio 2019, version 5.6.167
32 or 64 bit version of product:64 bit
Operating system:Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS:64 bit

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

In previous versions of this product when I was working on a script, the Home toolbar was always visible, so it was easy to comment out or in code, click on the debug button to debug my script, etc. In this version of the product, the Home toolbar is not visible all the time and the focus of the application stays in the editing window with no toolbars displaying, etc. This means that I have to click on the home toolbar, click back in the script editor to comment out or uncomment code. This is really inconvenient when you're in this tool for an extended period of time.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Re: Home Toolbar Not Staying in Focus

Post by brittneyr »

If by toolbar, you mean the ribbon, you can minimize and expand the ribbon by clicking the arrow in the the top-right corner or using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F1.
SPS_ExpandRibbon.png
SPS_ExpandRibbon.png (137.24 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
If that is not what you are referring to, please provide screenshots of the behavior you are experiencing.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

There's a toggle button that is only done manually that will minimize and/or expand the menu. (See image attach)
By default, our editor will have the menu expanded.

Try to see if this resolve the issue.
BringBackHome_2019-08-21_17-13-15.png
BringBackHome_2019-08-21_17-13-15.png (271.56 KiB) Viewed 2666 times
T
Last edited by mxtrinidad on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Someone answer
timstspry11

Post by timstspry11 »

That answered my question, but I don't understand why the behavior changed? I like the way it used to be better where you didn't have to press any keys or buttons to have the ribbon always display. Just my two cents worth.
brittneyr
Site Admin
Answers: 39
Been upvoted: 30 times

Post by brittneyr »

The ability to collapse/expand the ribbon has been in PowerShell Studio for awhile and no changes that I'm aware of were made to this feature in this last build (v167). By default, the ribbon should be expanded and only changes if the arrow mentioned above is clicked or the keyboard shortcut is used.
Brittney
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 4 years and 7 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.