Find\Replace capitalizing

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
owinsloe
Been upvoted: 1 time

Find\Replace capitalizing

Post by owinsloe »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2019 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.6.160
Build: v10.0.17763.0

A very odd and frustrating issue.
I have a dict $GLBODBC.Database.Instance.Odbcserver. The keys are case sensitive as I created using System.Web.Script.Serialization.JavaScriptSerializer. I needed to check that the first character of the key was uppercase which is when I stumbled across this crazy little item..

In Find\Replace 'Find What', if you type instanc then as soon as the e is entered i becomes I (capital)
This is not the same for Database or Odbcserver.

I reproduced this in other scripts and also a new script with no content.

There's obviously some autocomplete thing happening and in a dialog that allows matching on case is probably not a good idea.

Cheers
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Find\Replace capitalizing

Post by davidc »

The combobox is matching an item from its history. If you use the dropdown, you will see that there is an entry for "Instance".
It seems to be too aggressive and we will look into this.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
owinsloe

Post by owinsloe »

Ahhhh, of course...but what is even stranger it's not an exact match. I looked through the history and what I found was '$Instance' not 'Instance', so yes a wee bit aggressive. Perhaps including a facility that allows you to purge the history content may be useful?
davidc

Post by davidc »

The interesting part is we tell the control not to autocomplete but it still does it. Go figure.

The good news is we were able to find a workaround for the next service release. The build should be released very soon.
David
davidc

Post by davidc »

In the meantime, you can delete the following registry key to remove the history:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.\PowerShell Studio 2019\Find
David
owinsloe

Post by owinsloe »

:D
Brilliant..thanks for that
davidc

Post by davidc »

We released the service build. Please give it a try and let us know if it resolves the issue.
David
owinsloe

Post by owinsloe »

It certainly does...thanks David & co.
This topic is 4 years and 9 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.