Display Issues

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
rlane2012

Display Issues

Post by rlane2012 »

PowerShell Studio 2019 ver. 5.6.159
64 bit
Windows 10 ver. 1803

Having issues with displaying any PowerShell Code. This is a new install and will not render correctly. It keeps getting jumbled through text overlay and other issues.

Example text when first opening a file.
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (37.21 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
Example text after scrolling up and down.
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (55.18 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Display Issues

Post by davidc »

I have a few questions for you:

1. What OS build number is this?
2. Are you using multiple monitors?
3. What scaling are you using for the main monitor?
4. And do you have another machine to compare with?

This could be the result of a display driver issue or a Windows update issue. Try updating the display driver and/or reboot.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
rlane2012

Post by rlane2012 »

OS Build is 17134
Two monitors
Default Scaling
Works on another machine, but no known differences in the layout
rlane2012

Post by rlane2012 »

One difference is my machine has display fusion and the other does not, but turning it off had no impact.
davidc

Post by davidc »

As for the OS, I tested on the same version and I was not able to reproduce this. I'm not familiar with display fusion. Is it software to manage monitors?

By any chance are you overriding the High DPI compatibility? Right-Click on the Shortcut or Executable->Properties->Compatibility->Change High DPI Settings:
Change High DPI Settings.png
Change High DPI Settings.png (35.9 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
David
rlane2012

Post by rlane2012 »

Yes display fusion manages the desktop and monitors, but exiting out of it had no impact. I have tried tweaking all the DPI settings after reading other articles that discussed this, but none of it has had an impact. I do not typically tweak any display settings beyond having two desktop taskbars. Thank you for looking.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Just a few more questions to try to figure this out is this is isolated to a file or the application:

1. Does the scrolling issue occur with every script?
2. What happens if you open a non-PowerShell file in PowerShell Studio?
3. Please try downloading PrimalSQL or PowerShell HelpWriter and check is the issue is reproduced there.
In PowerShell HelpWriter, you can open a new about topic file or an XML file.
David
rlane2012

Post by rlane2012 »

I have uninstalled it and I am moving the install to a new VM. My desktop computer while not tweaked, is an in place upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 which has caused other issues and may be contributing to this issue as well. Thanks again.
davidc

Post by davidc »

Yes, upgrades can sometimes cause problems and sometimes a fresh install is what is needed. Either way, I hope you are able to resolve the issue.
David
rlane2012

Post by rlane2012 »

It is working great on the new VM.
This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.