Build an EXE for PS Core 6 in Linux

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
aspersram

Build an EXE for PS Core 6 in Linux

Post by aspersram »

Is it possible to use Powershell Studio to build an executable that will run on a Linux system with Powershell v6 core installed?

I tried it on Windows 10 Ubuntu and it worked, but when I copied the file to an AWS Linux EC2 instance, the exe did not run.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Build an EXE for PS Core 6 in Linux

Post by davidc »

At this time, we do not have a V6 packager engine, but it is on our TODO list. Previously we were unable to create a V6 host (the SDK was not available), but I will ask the dev team to revisit this.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
aspersram

Post by aspersram »

From what I hear, Microsoft has no plans to add forms into v6. Are you planning an alternate to.net forms GUIs that will work in v6, such as XAML? Thank you.
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

From what I read, Microsoft doesn't plan to port WPF either. But who knows? Maybe they will develop something new altogether.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.