How to get MSI files for uninstall if they were deleted?

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.

How to get MSI files for uninstall if they were deleted?

Post by 127142 »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019 5.5.153, SAPIEN Updates 1.1.28
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64-bit
Operating system:
32 or 64 bit OS: 64-bit Windows Server 2012 R2

*** Please add details and screenshots as needed below. ***

I'm trying to uninstall so I can upgrade to the latest version. Only the upgrade and manual install attempts are failing because I deleted some folders in my Roaming folder (to free up disk space), including the .msi files necessary for uninstall.

How can I get the MSI files back so I can upgrade?

C:\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN Technologies, Inc\SAPIEN Updates 1.1.28.0\install\0957EC2\SAPIEN Updates 64 Bit.msi
C:\Users\<me>\AppData\Roaming\SAPIEN\SPS 5.5.153.0\install\39BE131\Powershell Studio 2018.msi
mxtrinidad

Re: How to get MSI files for uninstall if they were deleted?

Post by mxtrinidad »

Just try to run the installation program downloading the previous version (or just the latest) using your SAPIEN account.

It is not recommended to manually delete Roaming folder. Microsoft have these folders hidden for a reason as it contains application setting and temporary cache. (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... c0f54c56b4)
This topic is 5 years and 1 month old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.