New-DfsnFolder

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
DenverDenver

New-DfsnFolder

Post by DenverDenver »

2019 powershell studio 64 (most recent release)
64 bit windows 10 pro

New error on an old script:
"The term 'New-DfsnFolder' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet..."

New-DfsnFolder should be a standard v5 cmdlet. This script once worked but recently stopped. I actually just reinstalled PS for another issue. I also wondered is this was a module so I downloaded a trial of the new module manager app (neat, probably will buy it but I would love it if would list trusted common modules that I could pick from to download and install.

If I run the script from the ISE it works dandy
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: New-DfsnFolder

Post by davidc »

Please verify that you have the correct PowerShell platform selected in PowerShell Studio. For example, x64 vs x86 or V2 vs V5 vs V6. That could make the difference when using modules.
Platform Settings.png
Platform Settings.png (12.98 KiB) Viewed 2597 times
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
DenverDenver

Post by DenverDenver »

Thanks David. Kinda works but if you follow me here its interesting...

1. PS2019 opens in v5 64bit mode. The New-DfsnRoot, New-DfsnRootTarget cmdlets are grey -like a module hasn't been loaded yet.
2. I switch to v5 32bit... same story -grey
3. Switch BACK to v5 64bit and bingo they are lit blue (my color scheme for a know cmdlet) up and live!

Wassup with that?
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

It could be that the caching process was not completed yet or the software was still loading the cache from the disk.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 2 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.