Exchange Online Module not in cache

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
PsCustomObject

Exchange Online Module not in cache

Post by PsCustomObject »

To help you better we need some information from you.

*** Please fill in the fields below. If you leave fields empty or specify 'latest' rather than the actual version your answer will be delayed as we will be forced to ask you for this information. ***

Product, version and build: PowerShell Studio 2019 5.6.156
32 or 64 bit version of product: 64bit
Operating system: Windows 10
32 or 64 bit OS: 64bit

Hello (again :)) Support,

as per subject I'm having some difficulties having PowerShell Studio caching cmdlets for Exchange Online module, we're running an Hybrid environment and I do some heavy lift in terms of automation so having cmdlets cache in PowerShell studio would be handy for me.

I have installed required module, which is in DLL format, and that is working as intended for example as described here https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/canitpro/2017/08/23/powershell-basics-connecting-to-exchange-online-using-multi-factor-authentication/

I've now imported the DLL in POwerShell Studio Cache builder but yet intellisense is not picking it up, I'm wondering is this support? Do you have any experience with other users facing the same issue?

I can see the module in Cache Editor[1] but when I try to use one of the cmdlets I'm getting no results [2]
Cache Editir.png
Cache Editir.png (17.59 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Cache Editir.png
Cache Editir.png (17.59 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Attachments
Intellisense.png
Intellisense.png (8.12 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Re: Exchange Online Module not in cache

Post by davidc »

Please try the following:

1. Restart the application. Sometimes the changes are not seen until you restart PowerShell Studio.
2. Make sure you have "V5 - 64 Bit" selected in the ribbon (Home->Platform).
3. Once the platform is selected, look in the Object Browser panel and check if the module is listed. If so, expand the module and see if contains any cmdlets.

If the module is not listed or has no cmdlets then we will need to investigate why it is failing.
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Thanks David,

my bad as I should have mentioned I already tried closing/opening app couple of time same as rebuilding cache to no avail same goes for checking if module was in object browser but again to no avail.

I remember in the past I already had issue with Exchange cache not being built, but as Online version is just a DLL not sure how to proceed with this, I can send across the folder containing the DLL if that is of any help identifying the issue
PSS.png
PSS.png (55.94 KiB) Viewed 2734 times
PsCustomObject

Post by PsCustomObject »

Ok apparently a night sleep and couple more restarts was all that was required, I've just checked and the module is finally showing up object browser and I am able to have it in intellisense.

Case closed :)

Thanks!
davidc
Been upvoted: 2 times

Post by davidc »

Who says a good night's rest doesn't do you good? Thank you for the update!
David
SAPIEN Technologies, Inc.
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.