Latest update - Save button not working

This forum can be browsed by the general public. Posting is limited to current SAPIEN license holders with active maintenance and does not offer a response time guarantee.
Forum rules
DO NOT POST LICENSE NUMBERS, ACTIVATION KEYS OR ANY OTHER LICENSING INFORMATION IN THIS FORUM.
Only the original author and our tech personnel can reply to a topic that is created in this forum. If you find a topic that relates to an issue you are having, please create a new topic and reference the other in your post.

Any code longer than three lines should be added as code using the 'Select Code' dropdown menu or attached as a file.
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.
jasonv

Latest update - Save button not working

Post by jasonv »

Product: PowerShell Studio 2018 (64 Bit)
Build: v5.5.155
Build: v10.0.17134.0

After I installed the latest update the Save button stopped working. Only Save-All is available.

I attached a JPG. As you can see the file tab indicates a change and there is only one file loaded. I added the word "test" for the Filename: comment. The only available option is Save All. I used to be able to just click the save button.
2018-10-25 09_04_40-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2018-3.jpg
2018-10-25 09_04_40-SAPIEN PowerShell Studio 2018-3.jpg (81.77 KiB) Viewed 3446 times
Update:

The Save function does not work from the right click on the file tab menu either.

It appears to happen only if Powershell Studio is not opened and you select a script file then select "Edit with Powershell Studio" from the Windows Explorer context menu. If Powershell Studio is already open the Save function seems to be working correctly.
mxtrinidad

Re: Latest update - Save button not working

Post by mxtrinidad »

Hum! Seems I can't replicate the issue with the "Save" button. I can see all options available in both a physical and on a virtual machine.
Curious, , but just in case ... Are you saving to a network drive?
jasonv

Post by jasonv »

I tried both a network drive and a local folder. I also rebooted my PC. That did not resolve the issue. I added some additional duplication information under Update within my previous post. You may have posted before I added it.

Thanks.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Let me look into it. I'll get back to you!
:)
Olga_B
Site Admin

Post by Olga_B »

This is a known issue. Check the last comments form this post
https://www.sapien.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=13331
jasonv

Post by jasonv »

Another symptom is that if I select copy folder path from the file tab nothing is copied like the file isn't fully loaded into PSS. Other PSS functions are not active, I.E. "Analysis". It does know that I made a change when I click [x] on the tab, because it then asks if I want to save the file.
jasonv

Post by jasonv »

To Olga_B :

Thanks. Hopefully I provided some additional debugging/workaround tips.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Thanks Olga!!

Hey Jasonv,

Can you please file a separate issue and provide some more information? This way we can keep it separately and track them better.
Greatly Appreciated!
jasonv

Post by jasonv »

Other than this post and using this forum, how do I file a separate issue? What additional information do you need?

Thanks.
mxtrinidad

Post by mxtrinidad »

Use the same forum, then add the issue you found. This creates will a different thread which we can track separately.
:)
This topic is 5 years and 5 months old and has exceeded the time allowed for comments. Please begin a new topic or use the search feature to find a similar but newer topic.